Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Fun!

My niece is a Pampered Chef consultant--and back when she was getting started I agreed to have a party for her if she would have one for me!  =-)  Her sister, who lives in Iowa, is a stamping fan so she wanted to have the party when she was here in Kansas.....so yesterday we planned a party for ....today. I planned more than usual for us to do (than a typical party) since it was family.....mostly.  We had my SIL, 2 nieces and 2 of their friends with daughters stamping with us--and it was great fun.  Of course I have fun just about any time that I stamp!  Here's what we made:

1.  This CAS card designed by Mary Brown at stampercamper.com that uses one of my favorite sets from the catalog  Blooming with Kindness

 You stamp the flower in Pink Pirouette and then using a Regal Rose marker (brush end) you tap it on the stamp --a technique called thumping.  It really adds a depth to the flower that is quite lovely.

2.  We made this card using Fabulous Florets, the Top Note die and Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder--in Daffodil Delight and Basic Gray.  

Make sure you stamp off once for the Daffodil Delight flowers--otherwise they are a bit dark (take notice on my top right where I forgot).  This card was totally cased from a swap that I received at regionals in St. Louis last weekend, but I can't give credit since there was no name on it.  

3.  This card which was pretty much cased from Dawn Olchefske. I had the card fronts already embossed from what I thought was going to be a swap at regionals and then I changed my mind, so I was glad to get some of them used.


You can sort of see the Iridescent Ice embossing powder on the bunny picture. It's very sparkly.  We used watercolor wonder crayons and blender pens to color.

And finally.....4.  This adorable bunny box (my face is a bit wonky--I'm blaming the marker).  Go here and see Julie's video and all of the different animals she's made out of the triangle box.  Cute, cute, cute!
The video was made about a week before all the other animals appeared so be sure to check out her other posts!

                         

Here's his cute little bunny tail...don't know where the pink smudge came from--probably my sponge dauber from the other card.


These are small--they would only hold maybe 2 kisses--or one piece of longer candy--like a taffy.  

I'm off to bed--my IU Hoosiers lost last night and now the Jayhawks lost tonight--it's a sad day in my house--now I have only Wichita State to root for!  Go Shockers!









No comments: